Folder Tidy 2.7.4
Quickly organize folders.
Sort all your files with built-in rules or create powerful custom ones.
To celebrate being featured on the Mac App Store, it's 50% off for a limited time!
No credit card, email or personal information needed.
Compatible with macOS 10.10+
With one click Folder Tidy will sort the files from the messy folder. Imagine having all the chaos sorted into tidy subfolders, such as Pictures, Music, Spreadsheets, Source Code, etc. Or with the custom rules, do things like move all pictures older than 2015 into "Old Pictures", or move all Word documents that have the Finder tag of "Work" into "My Office Work Files".
If it turns out the tidy wasn't exactly the way you wanted it, no problem, just hit the Undo button and everything will be moved back to their original locations.
Featured on the Mac App Store (2019 Story), Macworld (2014 GEM), The Sweet Bits, Softpedia, Mac360, MakeUseOf and 9/10 on Mac.AppStorm.
Download the full version right now with no limitations, and end the chaos of your messiest folders. An in-depth app tutorial is also available to help get started.
Whenever I go to tackle the endless amount of collected files, Folder Tidy is the tip of the spear.Mac App Store Review from EMJAYWLZ
Fast and intuitiveApple / Mac App Store Story: Folders That Spark Joy
Need a little more info on how to use it? Check out the in-depth Folder Tidy tutorial.
Click here to see what's changed in Folder Tidy 2.7.4 (August 7, 2019) and previous versions
- [New] Added Internet Access Policy (IAP) for Little Snitch that describes every connection Folder Tidy can possibly make.
- [Fixed] Issue where files that were packages (ex: Logic Pro X) would get skipped.
- [Fixed] Issue where the keyboard delete key wouldn't work for removing custom rules.
- [Fixed] Issue with the undo feature where it wouldn't be able to move certain files back.
- [Fixed] Issue where some folders created in the destination wouldn't be removed after an undo.
- [Fixed] Issue with incorrect rules being enabled if they were rearranged.
- [New] Undo feature now runs in the background, with an updated progress.
- [New] Confirmation dialog shown when quitting to make sure it's clear that the undo is only available while the app is open.
- [New] Both the source and destination folder path controls are drag/drop enabled for choosing the folders.
- [New] Minor touch ups to the UX to be both cleaner and clearer.
- [Fixed] Issue where is was possible in some rare cases that the undo feature wouldn't be able to put all the files back.
- [Fixed] Issue with the items in the Ignore list not being visible.
- [Fixed] Issue where in some rare cases files wouldn't be ignored properly if there were multiple folders with the same prefix.
- [Fixed] Issue where the "Ignore Bundles / Packages" feature wouldn't always work properly.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when using "name contains" in a custom rule. If this happened, please edit the rule and close it to re-save in the proper format.
- [Updated] Paddle framework to 3.0.40, which resolves a potential crash when showing the trial window.
- [New] macOS 10.14 (Mojave) support including for the new system wide Dark Mode.
- [New] It now requires macOS 10.10 or higher.
- [New] Massive speed improvement when the app is sorting through the files. We've reworked the engine that finds and sorts through the files to be smarter and also take advantage of multicore CPUs. These changes will decrease the time to finish a tidy by 500 to 1000%. Sorting through 90,000 files in folders and subfolders used to take 2 minutes & 6 seconds on a test Mac. Now it takes around 10 seconds.
- [New] The in-progress window now shows the current rule that is being processed.
- [New] Any errors related to moving files are no longer shown as modal alerts during the tidy. They are now available in a popover by clicking the warning icon that appears in the finished window.
- [New] Undoing a tidy is now substantially faster.
- [Fixed] Issue where it was possible for the app to run out of memory when sorting through TBs of files.
- [Fixed] Updated Paddle framework to 3.0.39 to include their fixes and improvements for licensing and activations.
- [New] 400% speed improvement when analyzing and sorting folders with a large number of files. Ex: In a test, 6000 files took 71 seconds, now it takes 18 seconds.
- [New] Overall improvements with the reliability of determining file types and moving them to the correct sub folders.
- [New] Option to skip traversing inside bundles (ex: frameworks) when enumerating a folder.
- [New] Added crash reporting in the unlikely event something goes wrong.
- [Fixed] Issue where some developer files (ex: storyboards, xcworkspace, etc) would be incorrectly moved to Documents.
- [Fixed] Issue where some iWork files would be incorrectly moved to Archives or Documents.
- [Fixed] Issue where some audio files would be incorrectly moved to Movies.
- [Fixed] Issue where folders could get moved first before the contents were sorted properly.
- [Fixed] Issue where the number of of tidied files could be incorrect, depending on the timing.
- [Fixed] Issue where the number of tidied files wouldn't get reset if a new tidy was chosen.
- [Fixed] Issue where if an error was displayed during a tidy, that particular rule would not finish.
- [Fixed] Issue where if an error dialog was displayed during a tidy it would be behind the progress window.
- [Fixed] Updated Paddle service to 3.0.29 which resolves a number of their bugs related to licensing and purchasing.
- [Updated] The UI/UX of the app - almost everything has been improved!
- [Updated] The Paddle framework which resolves a number of issues when purchasing or activating a license.
- [New] When purchasing a license, it will automatically fill in the details in the activation window.
- [New] Progress window shows the current number of files tidied.
- [New] Finished window shows the total number of files tidied and the total time it took.
- [New] Finished window has a button for starting a new tidy without having to re-launch the app.
- [New] The state of the details disclosure triangle is now persisted across app launches.
- [New] About window now shows the email and license key for easy access.
- [Fixed] Issue where if the app couldn't access the last chosen folders, it would try anyways and show an error dialog about not having access. Now it displays a warning and will not allow a tidy until a new folder is chosen.
- [Fixed] Issue where the app would become unresponsive when running a tidy.
- [Fixed] Issue where the progress window could become hidden.
- [New] Updated Sparkle framework to 1.14.0 to resolve potential security risk (see article on Arstechnica for more info).
- [New] Using HTTPS for updates to futher improve security.