Disk Diet 5.4.5
Reclaim GBs of disk space in about a minute.
Requires macOS 10.10+ (includes 10.14 Mojave)
Available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified) and Russian.
We came up with Disk Diet in 2011 to solve this issue and have been working on improving it ever since. Download it now, open it up and see how easily and quickly it can find GBs of wasted space in up to 10 different areas. Then with one click, have it safely clean up those areas and reclaim the space.
With over 100,000 downloads and counting, it's the original disk cleaning app that people count on daily.
It has full support for macOS 10.14 Mojave, including dark mode so it always looks good and it works on all Mac models.
Disk Diet digs into Mac files you may not need and frees up a lot of storage; I’m talking about gigabytes of storage the first time you use it. Run the app and take a look at the space you reclaim.Review from Noodle Mac
Once the app has done its magic, a simple click immediately erases all the dead weight, leaving you with a lighter (and probably faster) system.Review from MacWorld
Click here to see what's changed in Disk Diet 5.4.5 (August 21, 2019) and previous versions
Version 5.4.5 Changes:
- This is a critical update, please make sure to install! We were made aware of a privilege escalation vulnerability (thanks to obdev for reporting it) that affected Disk Diet. This update resolves it on macOS 10.12 or higher by installing a new helper tool. If you are running 10.10 or 10.11 you must upgrade to a newer macOS to be protected.Note: Apple only added the functions required to fix this properly in 10.12.
- [Fixed] Issue where it could be possible that the System Logs would not be available to clean.
- [Fixed] Issue where applications inside other apps would be shown in the Unused Applications.
- [New] Applications in the Utilities folder will be ignored for the Unused Applications.
- [New] Caches for VST Ensemble Pro will not be cleaned to avoid any potential issues.
- [New] Sizes over 1GB will now be shown in bold to highlight which ones to focus on.
Version 5.4.4 Changes:
- [New] Improved Russian translation.
- [New] Added Internet Access Policy (IAP) for Little Snitch that describes every connection Disk Diet can possibly make.
- [Fixed] Issue where Unused Applications checkbox wouldn't be available if None was selected.
- [Fixed] Issue where the Free Space / Junk legend colors wouldn't draw properly.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when starting a clean.
- [Improvement] Updated Paddle framework to 3.0.40 to include their fixes and improvements for licensing and activations.
Version 5.4.3 Changes:
- [New] macOS 10.14 (Mojave) support including for the new system wide Dark Mode, as well as how-to enable Mail Downloads cleaning.
- [New] Disk Diet now requires macOS 10.10 or higher.
- [Fixed] Issue where the Unused Applications checkbox wouldn't be enabled in certain cases.
- [Fixed] Potential crash on app startup.
- [Improvement] Updated Paddle framework to 3.0.39 to include their fixes and improvements for licensing and activations.
Version 5.4.2 Changes:
- [New] Full macOS 10.13 compatibility.
- [New] Added ability to choose unused apps by last month, last year or last 2 years.
- [New] Using two decimal places for GB sizes (ex: 1.54GB instead of 1.5GB)
- [New] Cleaning out more caches folders.
- [New] Updated Paddle service to 3.0.28 which improves and fixes many issues they were having.
- [Fixed] Issue where some apps would show as never used when they had been previously launched.
- [Fixed] Minor issues with some UI alignments for different languages.
Version 5.4.1 Changes:
- [Fixed] Fixed potential crash on startup.
Version 5.4 Changes:
- [New] Added clean up area for unused applications.
- [New] Added option to not show the cleanup warning dialog again.
- [New] Added preliminary support for the new Touch Bar.
- [Fixed] Issue where the information popovers would display with incorrect colors and sizes.
- [Fixed] Issue with slow scrolling when cleanup area dialogs were visible.
- [Fixed] Issue where the disk space bar wouldn't always show the correct section sizes.
- [Fixed] Issue where revealing an application language folder wouldn't scroll to it in the Finder.
- [Improved] Minor UI fixes.
Version 5.3.2 Changes:
- [New] Updated Sparkle framework to 1.14.0 to resolve potential security risk (see article on Arstechnica for more info).
- [New] Using HTTPS for updates to futher improve security.
Version 5.3.1 Changes:
- [Fixed] Fixed crash when opening on 10.7.
Version 5.3 Changes:
- [New] Drive information including capacity, space available, model and protocol.
- [New] Easy to read bar that shows how much space can be freed up by removing all the junk.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when seaching for languages to remove.
- [Fixed] Asking to install the helper app on each app launch.
- [Fixed] Updated the Paddle framework to resolve some minor issues with licenses.
- [Fixed] Updated the Italian translation. Thanks to Giovanni Maria Cusaro for this!